SUPPORT FUNDING APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
APPLICATIONS WILL NEXT OPEN IN TERM 1 2024
Please take time to engage with the article below, once you have done so you can find the application form here.
As part of a Student Group, we understand that sometimes finances become an issue, and can even prevent any growth and development. One of our aims at the Students' Union is to support your groups' progression, which is why we have funding opportunities available throughout the year (you can read all about them here).
In this article, we will be talking about Support Funding. Support funding applications open when the group's membership has been active for around 8 weeks. This should allow enough time for committees to more accurately project the group's income and expenditure for the rest of the year.
This funding takes place in Term One. Applications open during October and close in November. It's important to note that despite the applications taking part in Term One, the money will be allocated at the end of Term One, so this funding should not be taken as an aid for any Term One activity.
This year's application dates are:
Applications open: 23 October 2023
Applications close: 13 November 2023
There are some requirements to being able to apply for funding. The eligibility requirements are:
- The group must be ratified by the Students' Union.
- The 3 core committee roles (President, Treasurer and Secretary/Vice President) must be filled.
- The group should contain a sustainable number of members.
- The committee will have discussed the funding request and be in agreement with the application.
- If the group has a historical deficit, the student group must have a working Deficit Management Plan in place.
- The group must have adhered to the published deadlines and completed a comprehensive application form within the timeframe given.
- You must also have filled in your budget form over the summer. If not you will need to fill in the budget form provided on your Google Drive.
- Once the deadline has closed, the application will go to a panel where a decision will be taken. The decision will be based on the criteria and funding principles and applying them to the submission.
- Once the panel has reached a decision, the applicants will receive an email. This year, decision emails will be sent the week of 04 December 2023.