You may find yourself in the situation where you are charging another University/Company for a service provided (e.g. hosting a competition).
To ensure your group gets paid you will need to follow this process. Firstly, you will need to submit a ticket to Freshdesk to let us know you intent on raising an invoice to somebody.
At this point, you will need to tell us who the customer is and ask them to fill in the New Customer Form which we will provide once receiving your email. This form will require the following information:
- Company name/ Trading name
- Company registration number/ UTR number
- Registered address
- VAT number (if applicable)
- Contact name
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
Once this is submitted we will get the customer on our database.
The next step is to make the invoice request. We will send you the Invoice Request Form for you to fill out. We will ask for:
- The customer name (individual or company)
- The registered company address
- Company registration number/VAT number (this is compulsory)
- *A PO number if this invoice is for a RHUL department (this will be given to you by the staff contact in the college)
- Contact name, email and phone number
- Invoice date
- Invoice details (description of what you're charging for)
- Invoice amount (excluding VAT)
- Which account the invoice should be paid into (restricted, social, other)
Once you have submitted the request, our finance team will raise the invoice and send it to the customer for payment. Once the customer has paid, the finance team will input it into your account summary.
Please note that our invoice payment terms are 30 days, which means that the company has up to 30 days to complete this payment before they are chased by our finance team. Also remember that income is only posted into your groups' income breakdown once a month in the month following the payment. So it may take a while before you see this money in your account. However if at any point you wish to check what the status of your invoice is just drop us an email and we can check for you!