What is it?
We want to make sure all students from all backgrounds can access student groups, and we know that some costs can just be too high for students. That is where our access fund comes in, it is there to help out students who are struggling to access groups because of financial barriers. If you are struggling or concerned about the costs associated with groups or their activity then take a look at how the access fund can help you.
What does it cover?
The fund can help to cover the following costs to the amounts listed:
- Membership to a desired group up to 100%.
- Kit and essential travel costs: up to 100%.
- Competition entry costs: up to 100%
- Event entry cost: up to 100%
- Non-essential costs (e.g. trips, conference fees, individual competition costs, and social activities): up to 50%.
- The maximum amount each student can request is £150 per academic year from the fund.
How do you apply?
It’s great that you want to apply, we have made the process as easy as we can whilst also protecting the importance of this fund. You will need to fill out an application form that can be submitted online. Before you start the application make sure you have the following information:
- Email address
- Group the application is in reference to
- How much they are asking for
- What they are asking the fund to cover
- Evidence of their financial commitments
- Monthly bills
- Monthly costs of living
- 2 months bank statements (attached as a pdf or photo)
- Their student loan details and amounts (attached as a document or listed)
- Bank account details for a successful grant to be paid into
So you are ready!
Great all you need to do is follow this link and fill out all the information we need then our staff will be in touch about your application. If you are successful we will contact you with the amount you are to receive and then we will draw up a Grant agreement that we will need you to sign in order to complete the funding.
If at any point you have any questions please get in touch with the opportunities team through Freshdesk.