Each year in June, we enter teams into the BUCS and LUSL leagues.
Funding Team Entries
In the 2021/22 academic year, the SU will fund the equivalent to:
- One BUCS and one LUSL team - to those who have both opportunities available to them
- Two BUCS teams or two LUSL teams to those who only have one opportunity available to them
The remaining team entry costs will need to be funded by your club.
The funding from the SU for the 2022/23 academic year will be different and will be a tiered model based on membership numbers. More information on this will be released throughout the year.
- Funding should be put towards your team entries as a whole, the SU will not be funding any specific team in particular
- Individual team membership prices should not be adjusted based on SU funding of team entries. E.g. you can’t put the funding from the SU towards their 1st teams and then their 2nd and 3rd teams have higher membership prices to reflect their entry costs.
- LUSL should be a lower commitment and ability opportunity for alternative teams, rather than the same teams entered into BUCS. Where a club enters the same team into BUCS and LUSL, this should be covered by club funds.
- Where a club has no BUCS or LUSL team offering, they are able to apply for funding through the annual Student Group Funding process.
- In 2021/22, the maximum funding to be put towards a single BUCS team entry is £90, and £103 for LUSL.
Adding / Removing Teams
If you want to enter an additional team or into BUCS or LUSL, or remove a team for the next academic year, then submit a ticket on Freshdesk so we can have a conversation and discuss next steps!
If you decide to remove a team between the team entry stage and before fixtures begin, then your club will incur a fine. After this, you are unable to remove a team from the league.
Once the team entry process is complete in June, you are unable to enter any additional BUCS teams. There might be the possibility to add a LUSL team but it will depend on the league.
Individual Entries & One-Off Events
If you enter BUCS / LUSL competitions as individuals rather than a team, or you enter one-off events rather than the league structure then you will need to use BUCS Play to enter. A member of the Student Opportunities team will then need to approve your entry, so make sure to give us at least two weeks’ notice so we can make sure someone is available to approve the entry. You will also need to fill out the competition form available here.
You can apply for funding to support these entries during the annual Student Group Funding processes.