Mileage and Fuel
- You will need to refuel the bus to the same level indicated at the start of your journey. If you do not, Kendall will charge significant fuel fees to your group.
- Whoever refuels, will need to take a photo of the receipt to attach to your expense claim. Then send it off to the Treasurer for processing.
- ALL the minibuses take diesel.
- All those authorised to drive a bus must comply with the requirements of the driving and vehicle safety policy. To view the policy please download the document below.
- Complete the vehicle safety checklist
- Read the do’s and don’ts and breakdown information
- Read and sign the hire form
- Fill out starting vehicle usage information
- Drive safely
- Refuel the bus to the starting fuel bus.
- On your return, return to Car Park 3 (Car Park 4 if busy)
- Fill out finishing vehicle usage information and make any necessary notes
- Make sure the bus is kept in a clean state, and all windows and doors are locked
- Drop the keys and pack off at Founders Security (unless specified otherwise)
Accidents and Damages
- You will be responsible for any new damage found on the bus when it is returned for the SU and your club or society will be charged for repair accordingly.
- Before you start your journey you must complete the Hire Form that will be given with the keys. On this, you must declare any accidents or damage to the bus that occurs during your hire. Failure to do so may result in an additional charge to your club or society.
- Any accidents that you are at fault for, your club or society will be charged the excess payment and VAT of the insurance claim and you will be required to retake the bus induction. If you are at fault in a second accident, you will no longer be allowed to drive a bus for your group.
- If you are in an accident, please contact the SU Helpdesk on 01784 276700 immediately. If it is outside opening hours, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Founders Security so they are aware of the situation. Then make sure to come to the Helpdesk as soon as possible the following day.
- Contact Kendall - Active Fleet solutions on 033 207 9654 (claim costs can be higher if not reported immediately)
Before driving the bus, make sure to check out the charges (attached below) that you or your club or society may be charged for any offences committed.
The excess paid by the Student Group will be £350 for 18-20 year olds, and £100 for 21-24 year olds unless otherwise specified.
- Height: 2.4m
- Tyre Pressure: 53.7 psi
The Legal Bits
Driving a bus means you must also:
- Make sure you are fit to drive – do not begin a journey if you’re tired and make sure you take sufficient breaks
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Wear a seatbelt
- You must obey signals given by police officers, traffic officers and wardens, and signs used by school crossing patrols.
- You must obey all traffic light signals
- You must not sound the horn whilst stationery on the road, or when driving in a built up area between the hours of 11:30pm and 07:00am except when another road user poses a danger.
- Use dipped headlights at night in built-up areas and in dull daytime weather, to ensure that you can be seen.
- Speed limits:
- Built up areas (unless otherwise specified) 30mph
- Single carriageways 50mph
- Dual carriageways 60mph
- Motorways 70mph