In any normal year the student opportunities team would not provide support for events and activities after the end of term 3. This is because ordinarily there isn’t any appetite from groups to do anything over the summer, combined with the fact that we only have a very small staff team who will be taking their annual leave over the summer and unable to support ongoing group activity. So if you are thinking of events and activities after June 11th we need to hear about them but they must satisfy the guidance below:
Events and activities must:
- Be a third party organised event that the members individually buy tickets to
- Be supported by any NGB or sporting council linked to the group/event (if relevant)
- Must not carry any financial burden for the group around the event organisation or have any part to play in the running of the activity
- The event must have a Covid cancellation process in place
- Have a website or statement showing that the event is to go ahead under the government issued guidance
If you have any questions about these types of activities please get in contact with the opportunities team by submitting a ticket!