Reckon your group is the bee’s knees?
We think so too! That’s why new for 2019 we’ve introduced a Student Group Recognition scheme! It’s super easy to nominate your groups. Simply fill out the form below and submit to us by the deadline (last day of the month every month except April!) with a short written piece about something awesome your group has achieve in that month.
We are looking for groups that go above and beyond to make everything they do as amazing as possible. Specifically we are looking for groups who have excelled in relation to the values of the Students’ Union. These values are as follows:
- Student Focused
- High Quality
One fantastic group each month will get a celebratory blog and promotion across our social media. In order to make this process as fair as possible anything you shout about on your application needs to have been communicated with us first via Freshdesk. Those which do not qualify will be removed and then the list will be given to your newly elected Society, Sport and Opportunities (SSO) executive who will make the final decision.
- If my group receives recognition for an event or activity can it still be nominated at Socs or Colours Ball? YES! Don’t worry at all anything that is recognised as part of this scheme can also be nominated for Socs or Colours Ball
- Why not April? Because most of April we are all away for Easter. Wish we could recognise the group that eats the most chocolate!
- Who writes the blog? That’s up to you! One of your elected Sabbatical Officers can write it or a chosen committee member. Alternatively you can collaborate!
- Are newly ratified Student Groups eligible? Definitely! All Student Groups are eligible.
- How many words? Limited to 400 I’m afraid!