Whether you’re looking for a space for a production in the Main Hall, a charity takeover in Medicine or a group get together in one of the Packhorse Meeting Rooms; we've got multiple spaces that you can book out quite easily and the best news is that the space is free of charge to any of our student groups.
The only costs that may be incurred will be to cover the staff required to complete your request (if necessary), for example, if a duty manager has to open the building on a weekend where the Union would be closed, or tech staff to operate the lights and sound.
The document below outlines the staff hire charges for the 18/19 academic year, so you can get a rough idea when planning your event budget. The final cost will be confirmed by the Trading Services team after a tech meeting, where they evaluate the staff required to make your idea a reality!
So what’s the process?
- Simply complete our online form (the more information the better) and don't forget to add a detailed Risk Assessment when prompted at the end of the request. Make sure to check out the risk assessment guidance below, so you know what we're looking for!
- To make sure we support you as best as we can, we ask groups to aim for four weeks in advance with documents. Unfortunately, we can't always guarantee we can help if we receive things after the deadline because of planning and staffing, but we will try our best to help you out.
- Depending on the scale of the event, the lead contact for the event may be invited to a meeting with our Trading Services team, to ensure we understand your needs and we can work together as best as possible. This will be confirmed over email so don't forget to check your account.
The SU venues on offer are:
- SU Main Hall
- Tommy’s Lounge
- Tommy’s Bar/Kitchen
- Medicine Room 2 (formerly known as Stumble Out)
- Union Plaza (the outside space of the SU)
- The Packhorse Meeting Rooms